Very interesting question--

Mark Bolsius markbolsius at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 31 13:36:17 MST 2007

I had one piano that new that I went to that was 350 cents flat. It was
Chinese and had been purchased in China direct from the factory while the
owners were on a posting there. It was cheaper to buy it than rent it. In
the end they chose to bring it back with them (I didn't ask why - these
people have heaps of doughand the upright sits upstairs rarely used). The
piano was allegedly tuned and set-up by a technician from the factory less
than 12 months before I saw it.

Now admittedly, the piano had since come from China to Australia, but the
trip ain't that bad! So I pulled it up (thank you Dean for RCT's pitchraise
function, and in a total of 3 passes it was up there and somewhat stable.
These days the piano is more stable than the rebuilt grand downstairs!

Cheers

Mark Bolsius

  _____