This May Be A dumb Question.

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Wed Jan 31 19:31:08 MST 2007

About 4 cents per beat in the middle of the piano.  (To tune at A=442, we
tune 8 cents sharp), so 10 beats should be around 40 cents.  Set's see:  a
half-step is 100 cents, and at A4, A is 440 Hz and G#is about 415, so
that's a difference of 25 Hz.  Correlating this difference with 100 cents,
yes, we have  four cents per Hz, and thus 4 cents per beat.  If the
difference between A and G#'s frequency is 25 Hz, the two fundamentals
will beat at 25 bps.  If A is at 10bps with the fork, then the A is 10 Hz
flatter than the fork, and 10 x 4 = 40 cents.
	--David Nereson, RPT
P.S.  Do sightless, or "blind" (which term is PC nowadays?) technicians
have printers that print out e-mail in Braille, or something that converts
it to vocal sounds or what?