Slow Paying Customer Policy

paul bruesch tuner at pianotonix.com
Mon Jun 4 19:31:01 MDT 2007

Terry,

It could be that there are two primary reasons why they like you and
continue to use you... (a) you do good work in a timely fashion... and (b)
you "let" them take a really long time to pay.

Do you know anything about their operation? Are they consistently running in
the red? Do they do a lot of spec work that sits on their floor for months
after they complete a rebuild?

I think that with their history, they should not be surprised if you ask for
payment in full with the order... or half with the order and balance BEFORE
shipping product.  Tell them what you've just told us.  If they're
reasonable people, they'll understand. Perhaps they'll offer a reasonable
explanation and suggest a reasonable payment option. If they're not, they
may look elsewhere for their boards, but you've indicated that you might not
care. Who needs a headache like that, anyhow??

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN