Postcards via the Post Office Web Site

Terence Miller innuuuu at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 07:08:47 MDT 2007

Dear List:

  Last night I sent out 48 postcards--chapter meeting reminders--via  http://www.usps.com/mailingonline. The total cost was $14.48, which  works out to $.302 each. So for 6 cents over the price of a postcard  stamp the post office prints the card, prints the addresses, and  delivers it to the post office (obviously).

  They have changed/'upgraded' their web site since last month's  job.  Grrrr.  I did have some juggling to make things work  and it took a little longer than I like. But still, from a blank piece  of paper to a job submitted and paid for was about 45 minutes.

  the other nice thing
  there's a very small minimum charge...around about $2, so it's no big deal to send out small jobs of 5 or 10

  Terry