Using a jigsaw to cut pin blocks.

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 07:09:27 MDT 2007

>  I like to use epoxy for the final fit to the flange. Do your
>dry fit first and drill all the screw holes. Then put wax paper between the
>pin block and flange. Use the thick epoxy paste, smear on the flange side of
>pin block, screw pin block up to the plate and let it set up.

It seems to me that placing paper between the block and plate defeats the
purpose of this procedure, a built-in gap.  Chalk the plate flange, lay a bead
of epoxy paste on the block and secure with clamps and screws. The chalk is
a mold release, the block will separate with a little tap and you'll
get a tighter fit.

My favorite epoxy paste is MarineTex, available from marine suppliers.
--

Regards,

Jon Page