Moths

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Wed Jun 6 10:23:12 MDT 2007

Actually, if you're finding moths inside the piano, my guess is that you're seeing the end of that cycle, not the beginning.  Did you see any outside the piano?

It's the larvae that do the damage.  Adults don't do anything harmful (other than producing the eggs that produce the larvae).  Check carefully for small holes where the larvae have chewed the wool.

Annie Grieshop