removing spinet action?

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Thu Jun 7 13:18:07 MDT 2007

Hardman Mini piano?  (sometimes says Eavestaff on the plate) Not easy if it
is.  Try removing several keys at each end and in the middle.  Those lifter
wires only have a hole to pass through rather than a slot.  Undo the leather
nut at the wippen end of the wire and pull those wires up and out.  Keep
them in order.  Then remove the entire keybed with frame, screwed to
mounting blocks on sides of piano and sometimes to a metal brace midway.
Swing metal retaining brackets away from top of action brackets.  Hold on to
action while removing the treble and bass mounting screws that pass through
the bottom of the treble and bass brackets. Lift the action out.

Good luck,
Debbie