Henry F. Miller fallboard problem

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Jun 7 16:08:52 MDT 2007

My understanding (and this from the Young Chang technical rep several years
ago) is that the sole purpose of those screws is for factory work only, to
enable them to put the action in and out quickly to the right location. The
cheek blocks are supposed to locate the action in the field. Part of new
piano prep work should include turning those screws in to provide clearance
with the back of the keyframe. Otherwise binding can occur during una corda
operation.

I'd recommend you check your cheek blocks.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802