High overtone

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 7 18:18:09 MDT 2007

List Members

A customer has a new Kawai RX-2 with a very high and loud overtone on F2.
It rings over the F2 whenever the note is sustained as a single note, note
of a chord, when the sustain pedal is pressed. Recent tuning had no affect.
I squared the hammer to the bicord, checked bridge contact, hitch pins,
centers, etc.  The duplex is very lively.  I couldn't find the offending
partial in the duplex, but I'm not ruling that out.  Has anyone come across
this in the RX-2?  Don Manino.are you out there?

Paul C