Sanderson Accu-tuner

Paul McCloud service at pianosd.com
Fri Jun 8 11:18:01 MDT 2007

Rick:
	I have to put in a plug for the Accutuner.  I am still using
mine, though I had it refurbished a few years ago.  The refurbishing
included a new face and buttons and a new battery and microphone.  The
core of the unit is still original..I purchased this machine in 1988,
and it's still running perfectly.  Ask anyone if their Pocket PC has
been around for that long.  I'll admit that there are more elaborate
features on the other units, and that's nice.  I don't have the newest
SAT III, which includes more features than mine, like the double octave
beat, RPT exam, and such.  I don't need them, at least enough to buy the
new machine.  Another consideration is the display itself.  The LED
lights are very easy to see, and don't drain the batteries as much as
the computer display does in a PPC.  Battery life is phenomenal, about 1
charge per month.  The light display is instantaneous- there's no lag as
the computer displays the spinner.  I've owned both, so I can tell you I
prefer the LED's.
	In no way will I disparage the other units, including the
Verituner, which I have never owned.  They are all fantastic in their
own right.  Just be aware of all the pro's and con's of the technology
in each unit.
	Good luck.

	Paul McCloud
	San Diego