Bush and Lane Grand

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jun 11 14:54:36 MDT 2007

Actually, I have seen several Bush and Lane uprights and one grand. I agree
that the construction of the instrument is extremely high quality - among
the best ever built. But as Patrick points out, just as is the case with 100
year old Bechsteins, Bosendorfers and Mason & Hamlins, all of the B&Ls I've
seen have been worn to the nubs.

I've owned several Mercedes Benz automobiles. They are very well built
automobiles. But after 900,000 miles and 30 years of wear, you probably
don't want your teen-aged daughter driving it across country - or even to
the grocery store!

When a high quality item is worn out, it becomes a piece of crud. Now some
pieces of crud are more viable to rebuild than other pieces of crud, but
non-the-less, in their worn-out state, they are indeed pieces of crud.

Terry Farrell