Kawai RX-1 High Partial

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 06:39:48 MDT 2007

List Members

This is the Kawai RX-1 that I posted earlier as the High overtone.  I have
received some good information from you.  This thought occurred to me while
tuning a small grand Tuesday:  Would the "Piano Analyzer" in the RCT program
pick up that offensive high partial, and indicate which one it is, and/or
what pitch it is?  I have used this feature of the RCT, but never to analyze
an overtone like this.  The partial I'm referring to is a high overtone on
the F2 bicord that rings above just about everything when played with any
amount of sustain, whether holding down the key or sustain pedal.  It's a
new piano and the customer's first grand.  The store is VERY interested in
finding a solution (me too).

Thanks to all for your contributions.

Paul C