Updated Bylaws Report for those of you who are delegates

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 13 13:09:05 MDT 2007

Amen David,
I might add that if licensing is given over to the states that it
will have a chilling effect on the Guild.  It will also start a
separate and practically independent system where people may be
licensed but not guild members or guild members and licensed.  Which
will be more important? Why state licensing of-course!

If the Philadelphia Chapter continues hurtling down that road it may
eventually succeed in marginalizing itself.  After all, who needs
Guild association if they can just get a government license.  Don't
kid yourselves, the government license will be even more ridiculously
easy to obtain.  It will only take a few trips to court to ensure
that.  The Guild does not have sufficient resources to control the
political process that will develop around licensing like a medical
association can.  This means that the license will eventually
degenerate into a revenue item in the eyes of a state.  A state
license will naturally carry more influence than a Guild designation
with the general public and the last nail will be driven home to the
proverbial coffin.  The resort to force of law to achieve an
organization's goals is always a sign of fatal weakness (growing
irrelevance) within that organization.  The push to make the
organization irrelevant is sadly amusing.  Sad because it is not
necessary and there is plenty of strength within the Guild as it is
now constituted.

I was brought into the Guild by my late mentor Guy Nichols.  I've
been intending to pass the testing regime simply to put arrogant
naysayers in their place.  Problem is, it is hard to arrange for
testing regionally and my store has kept me locked-down here in south
Texas.  I enjoy the camaraderie of like minded individuals I
encounter in the guild and the push to attack that is one I hope
faces resounding defeat.  We don't build the guild up by cutting
people off.  It really is that simple.

Bemused in Texas,
Andrew Anderson  (no relation of David's)