Brake part cleaner, for cleaner sounding bass.

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 13:09:57 MDT 2007

I just worked on a Starr player, with especially
gummy, greasy, filthy bass strings. After running them
through the "Defubbimizer" (TM) , I blasted them with
brake part cleaner, outside, with an old shower
curtain between them, and the soundboard, keybed,
etc.. Was quite gratifying, to see the goo go! (
Wearing gloves, carbon mask, and goggles, of course.)
Best "bass string rejuvenation" I've e heard. Almost
no discernable "break" remained, though they sounded
like cotton clothesline, previously.
     Thump