The other piano technician group

Barrie Heaton piano at a440.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 14:46:24 MDT 2007

In message
<061720071819.29333.46757B3C0005B609000072952207300033CACF0A029A9B01020E0
79F at comcast.net>, pianotune05 at comcast.net writes
>Hey guys, and Happy Father's day to all the other dads out there.  I wasn't
>aware of another piano technician's organization.  I heard of one for the blind
>and vision impaired in England which by the way when I contacted them I
>believe  my e-mail came back. So I'm guessing that one for the blind doesn't
>even exist any longer.  It would be nice if they had one for us.

Http://www.uk-piano.org/index.html

what you will have got when you emailed us was a request to verify you
are a real person and not a robot

All member of the ABPT have been tested since 1955 as all members have
to be college trained and have a diploma in piano tuning and repairs We
do allow Blind piano tuners to Join form other parts of the world
providing they have done a recognised full time piano tuning course and
passed

We did have a USA member who was Blind and had passed his PTG test he
lived in the UK but sadly Henry passed away

There is also a Blind piano tuners org in china   the founder is Chen
Yan they have a website that organises tunings  in  Beijing for Blind
piano tuners
http://www.bjpiano.com/

There is a small English section

Barrie,