Pianotech Live!

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:21:55 MDT 2007

For those of you still picking up your e-mail while in KC:

We have had pianotech "meetings" at the convention for a number of
years.

This year we'd like to try something a bit different -- an actual
program at the pianotech meeting, based on discussions that have
occurred on the list.

I've long thought that we could continue and further a pianotech
topic at the convention, and make the pianotech meeting an extension
of the online discussions.

Pianotech subscribers may remember posts from Bernhard Stopper. Mr.
Stopper will be attending the convention from Germany, and has agreed
to present:

- Animations of a virtual soundboard driven by Mensurix string models
to visualize soundboard motions and assist in soundboard design.

(- Mensurix string scale software: Scaling with virtual string models.)

- OnlyPure tuning software: Inharmonicity adaptive nineteenth root of
three tuning software for desktop and PDA.

We know Mr. Stopper through pianotech, and he knows us through
pianotech, so it seems a natural first attempt at a Pianotech Live!
program, all put together in the last few days, so we'll be flying be
the seat of our pants, just like we do during the pianotech discussions.

Be among the first to see a demo of a new software ETD.

Kent Swafford