Keep on filing...(picture attached)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jun 22 09:28:40 MDT 2007

Oh come on Dean... for criminees sakes... spring tension isnt increased
until you actually increase it. Nobody said anything in previous posts
about maintaining <<a given hammer lift>>.  But since you first mention
it... have you ever actually tried seeing what happens to hammer lift
for a say.... 5 gram change in rep pinning resistance ?  I havent.. and
cant really say I know what the result would be.  But I would imagine
(as in guess at) that you probably would not see all that much a change.
Another little tidbit to check out tho... good fun.

Cheers
RicB

    Ric wrote: After all.. the spring tension is not actually increased.

    Seems to me it is. If you increase the resistance of the pinning,
    you must
    also increase the spring tension to overcome this resistance for a given
    hammer lift.

    Dean

    Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

    PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272