Keep on filing...(picture attached)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jun 22 15:32:09 MDT 2007

    Just a thought, Should the pinning of the jack be looser than that
    of the wippen so that  jack's needs are taken care first?
    When Jack is happy!
    Joe Goss RPT
    Mother Goose Tools

Hi Joe

This is exactly the kind of point I was talking about when I said....
(more or less) hold on a sec here...  There is no point to simply
assuming that repinning the rep - lever forces a change in rep lever
tension in the same direction... i.e. increase/decrease  tension and
friction.  The point is that you want to end up with all three pins at
an appropriate level of friction so as to facilitate the primary
function of the rep lever whippen assembly while not creating either too
much hammer jump and/or too much key kick.  This also gets into hammer
weight and key mass.

In any case... a change of friction of the rep-lever pin in itself does
not re-direct more of the springs force in one or the other direction.
And since the end tension of the spring is dependent the whole system
and not just this pin.... nor does changing the pin dictate any given
change in spring tension.

Cheers
RicB