Lever friction maths..was Keep on filing..

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Jun 23 03:31:15 MDT 2007

Hi Danilo

I dont know about the rest of the list, but when I access the archives
to read posts yours come through as an HTML document which is scrubbed
and saved via a link.  When I open such links they are so full of HTML
code that I usually dont bother sorting out the actual text.   I did in
your case, and looked quickly at what you were doing...but cant say
whether your math itself was correct or not.  There are a few things
that happen to friction and springs tho when things are in motion that
are not the same for the kind of static condition your numbers
consider.  Go for it tho... i.e. figuring out what numbers to put to
what situations and why...you'll end up a lot farther in your
understanding many (if not most) others.

Cheers
RicB