back from K.C.

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:01:43 MDT 2007

Hello list,
Saturday before last (June 16) I left home (Billerica, MA) for the
"Piano Technicans Guild Promoting Piano Service Excellence 50th
Anniversary 1957 - 2007" (that's what it says on my champagne flute)
aka the 2007 Annual PTG Council and Institute, and after skipping
today's Sunday morning classes in order to catch a 7:55 AM flight, I
am home again.
It was a most excellent event!
Aside from the political activities (appropriate for that other list,
ptg-l), there were many opportunities to learn (and relearn) myriad
aspects of our craft(s), renew and make new friendships and industry
contacts, tempt onself with (and succumb to a few) tool purchases,
expensive meals and drinks (and some moderately priced, and some
comped at manufacturers' receptions), etc.
Thanks to one & all -- to mention a few in random order, the tuning
examiners supertuning and administering exams just below my room, the
PTG Home Office staff, the Institute Team (Malinda Powell, Mel Brooks,
Ward Guthrie, Jeff Hickey et al.), the moving team, and the many
excellent instructors (hats off to Roger J., Jon P., Dave A., Mike K.,
Debra Cyr, Wally Brooks, for starters but I got up too early, fading
fast, so I'll leave it to others to express their own reflections!)
And of course, great to see many of the pianotech gang (John F., John
R., Cy S., Ron N., and the rest of ya).
Many thanks to all,
Patrick Draine