back from K.C.

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Jun 25 11:23:27 MDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 9:06 AM, b98tu at t-online.de wrote:

> A big applause from germany for your great event.
>
> I enjoyed the convention very much and be happy of having met many
> of the list here "alive".
>
> It was great to get the honour to start Kent Swafford´s idea of the
> "pianotech live" meeting.
>
> Special greetings to Kent Swafford,
>
> and (in alphabetic order)  David Andersen, Rick Baldassin, Joe
> Garrett.
>

> best regards,
>
> Bernhard Stopper

Special greetings right back at ya, Bernhard.  The Fazioli suite was
on my floor (the 36th) at the Hyatt; on Saturday, after my 6-hour
marathon of teaching, I followed an impulse to turn right into the
Fazioli suite rather than left into my room, and what I found was
magnificent: a 6'4" piano, which I had played and enjoyed on
Thursday, was now luminously beautiful; I played a little, and
immediately asked some guy there who had tuned it; he pointed to you,
hunched over a computer with Rick Baldassin in the corner of the
room. I played some more; this piano was tuned in a manner extremely
close to my protocol and stretch; it sounded, to me, like a million
bucks. My only quibble---and a teeny one, at that---was the slight
imperfections in the unisons, but the tuning was awesome. Then, as is
my wont, I expressed my satisfaction to you rather joyfully and
forcefully---hope I didn't freak you out with my enthusiasm, brother.
That was one great piano tuning, Mr. Stopper. Thank you.

xoxxoDavid A.