Pianotech Live

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 20:23:49 MDT 2007

I would not assume that this year's Pianotech Live session will be
typical of future ones. I wouldn't even assume that the Pianotech
Live name will stick.

The pianotech meeting at the convention has been a hit and miss
session over the years, and I thought it might be appropriate to try
to evolve it a bit. One idea I have heard would be to have lunch
together (social) and then extend the session into third period and
deal with tech issues.

The institute is planned out months and months ahead of time. I
thought it might be cool to have a session into which last minute
items might find a place. The chance to have Mr. Stopper came about
at the last minute, didn't cost us anything, and dealt with tech
stuff that had been on the list. I thought the Pianotech Live was a
good first effort, especially when the soundboard animations starting
working...

A subject that came up even later on the list was the little
discussion about string coupling. I would have loved to take that
discussion into a class period at the convention. All we would need
would be a piano and some interested techs. This is the idea for
Pianotech Live -- current topical stuff that people care about. I
certainly am not trying to do away with the social stuff; I like the
idea of wearing some identifying something so we can be running into
pianotech people all week long.

The board apparently is making me chair of the electronic
communications committee in the coming year, so I will attempt to
keep the Pianotech Live session going; I suspect it will be different
every year.

Suggestions welcomed. Even at the last minute.

Kent