Yamaha Spring Tension

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 28 07:18:39 MDT 2007

Jon,

I'm doing a loop job next week, so I'll be interested in whatever
answers and advice you get.  As I think about it, I don't see how you
could get a consistent reading at the flange, because the spring force
will vary considerably with small changes in flange rotation.  In the
past I've just tried to get all of the springs coming off the hammer
butts at the same angle before hooking on the loop.  Don't have a spec
for the angle, just kind of averaged what was already there.

Mike