Why NOT to polish bass strings.......

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:53:07 MDT 2007

They want us to BUY strings -- not refurbish them.  ;-)

I dunno...the whole idea of string CPR is not appealing to me. Maybe on some
pianos, but it would seem that it would end up costing the customer lots of
labor for uncertain/unpredictable results.  At least with a new string,
you'd know whether you have a string problem or bridge/soundboard problem.

Things wear out...replace 'em.

JF