Yamaha Spring Tension

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 06:45:06 MDT 2007

>How long does this procedure take you??

I think it took my son about three hours to clean out the old cords
and replace with new.

Overall, I would figure 6 to 8 hours to account for every procedure.

Before the flanges are reconnected it's a good time to apply Teflon
powder to the butts.

In measuring spring tension, I didn't see much difference between an
opened spring
and one which was simply re-hooked. The un-tweaked spring had an angle between
the arms slightly less than 90 and still had approx the 40/20 g
tension. The spring
which was opened had the approx same tension but when unhooked had an angle
of about 90 but did exhibit a little more snap to the flange when
flicked. So there's
a minor benefit which is just above that warm fuzzy feeling of doing
that little
something extra, the psycho-mechanical aspect.
--

Regards,

Jon Page