partial answers

Bernhard Stopper b98tu at t-online.de
Sat Jun 30 04:21:37 MDT 2007

I have upload a string animation from my presentation at the convention:

http://www.piano-stopper.de/dl/piano_string.wmv

It´s quite interesting to notice, that the wave travels in both
directions when the hammer hits the string.
You may also notice, that there are certain reflections of the wave
between the capo and the hammer, as long as the hammer is in contact
with the string.
 From this animation, we can see that the partials are direct result by
the reflections (on both ends of the string) of the travelling wave.
A string with one termination and opened at one end for example can only
produce even partials.

regards,

Bernhard Stopper