possible swollen key leads

Richard Morgan rsanbornmorgan at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 16:14:58 MDT 2007

Regarding the Wurlitzer grand with horribly binding keys that I looked at yesterday, I did not consider swollen key leads--until Terry Farrell suggested the possibility.  Based on the research I've just done in the archives, my first inclination on this piano (if swollen leads are indeed the problem) is to trim/shave them with a sharp chisel and seal with thin CA glue.  This will probably fit my client's pocketbook better than removing/replacing the leads.  Should I, though, consider (and sell to the client) the idea of removing/replacing?

Thanks,
Richard Morgan

Got a little couch potato?