damper guide rail bushings

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 2 06:20:08 MDT 2007

Paul, perhaps you missed Ron Nossaman's post describing his method - which
IMHO is the slickest of all. He shellacs the wooden guide rail, lets it dry,
inserts the cloth bushings, then wets the bushings with a 50/50
alcohol/water mix and inserts a #7 (or whatever appropriate size) bridge pin
to size the bushing. The alcohol in the sizing mixture dissolves the little
bit of shellac in the bushing hole and bonds the bushing in place.

The 'ole two birds with one stone approach. I like it.

Terry Farrell