Drill Press

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 2 20:35:25 MDT 2007

I use the slower speeds - seems to work nicely - don't feel any need for slower or faster. HP, does what I need. If anything ever binds up, it is because it is a dull drill bit. I don't notice any vibration that affects anything adversely - although I do have my drill mounted to a large overhead unit.

Bottom line: I suspect there are many drill presses out there that far exceed the performance of my little $79 Sears Crapsman. But this thing does meet my needs and I really haven't had any significant thoughts about replacing it - it works just fine.

Below is a picture of my drill press mounted to my overhead unit. It's great for drilling all sorts of holes into pianos.

Terry Farrell