SV: Stringing jig

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu May 3 03:20:41 MDT 2007

At 02:07 5/3/2007, you wrote:
>Why not get an old piano to practice on?
>
>Michelle Smith <michelle at smithpianoservice.com> skrev:
>Hi all.  Does anyone have a stringing jig they would like to sell
>for not-too-much money?  I need to start thinking about the PTG technical exam.
>
>Thanks!

In the real world, an old piano would be an ideal victim upon which
to practice (just like doctors and nurses practice on cadavers...).
The problem lies in that she wants to take the PTG exam. Speed,
accuracy and consistency stringing a jig sitting on the table/bench
in front of you is a bit different kettle-o-fish.

Our chapter owns a set of testing jigs for our members' use, Perhaps
her chapter does, too?  If not, making her own in the style of the
official jig would probably be best.

Conrad Hoffsommer
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.