The Quest for the Ideal Piano Technician Automobile

kurt baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Fri May 4 18:57:01 MDT 2007

My beloved VW hatchback (with back seat removed for bountiful action cradle
space)
is starting to feel its age and 188,000 miles and I am pondering what I will
do when it
finally goes to the great big salvage yard in the sky...

In your opinions, what is the all time best suited car for piano work?
Including, most vitally:

---Easy transport of grand and upright actions
---Room for needed tools
---Decent gas mileage

(Also, I was eying a Honda Insight the other day, and was wondering if
any ambitious tech out there has tried to fit an action in one of those
gasoline sippers... Maybe in the back hatch with the passenger seat
all the way forward? Am I totally deluding myself?)

Highly subjective opinions welcome.

 [k]urt