tuning two pianos together

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Sat May 5 15:32:32 MDT 2007

I have used RCT to average the two tunings, then used that as the basis for tuning both pianos, making modest compromises within each instrument to make it sound a little better unto itself.  It also depends on the music to a certain extent.  If one piano is truly the dominant one compositionally, then I favor that one sounding better with itself and fudge the instrument with the lesser role as needed.

Alan Eder