(No Subject)

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Sat May 5 19:31:45 MDT 2007

Then you didn't go far enough. Google "Pedtke Scalatron", and "Harry Partch, scale". Partch was a micotonal scale designer. Pedtke assisted him at one time, vis
"He had received a visit from Herman Pedtke, inventor of the Scalatron, an electronic keyboard designed to accommodate microtonal tunings -- the very instrument he had dreamed of as long ago as 1945 in Madison. Partch was fascinated by the instrument, but noted to a friend that his work had gone in a very different direction in the years since, and now involved 'far more than a microtonal scale.'"

Pedtke didn't invent a piano but a microtonal keyboard.

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)