charge for time?

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed May 9 08:48:38 MDT 2007

Actually, Terry, that does not reimburse you for those costs. You still pay
them. Claiming them as a deduction does not pay the cost, it only means the
government will steal slightly less from you, around 30% of your actual
depreciation/fuel/maintenance costs, or whatever tax bracket you are in.

The customer should pay the cost which then shows up in your gross income
stream. Claiming the deduction rightly removes it from your gross income
since it is an expense, not profit. But claiming the deduction by itself
does not pay the actual costs.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272