plaque for piano

Joel A. Jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Thu May 10 19:57:47 MDT 2007

William,
I put a plaque on the Chasen Art Museum piano with 4 tiny screws.
One of the trophy companies made the inscription.   We put it on
the stretcher bar so when the fallboard is open the plaque is
aesthetically hidden.  Since the fallboard is usually closed the plaque
looks just like those on the paintings on the wall.

I have also seen the treble of bass side of the fallboard, and
the music desk as favorite places.

One thing I learned in mounting the plaque is to be careful
  about it being level.  I measured carefully and was very
precise in applying it to the piano.  The curator took one look
and said 'It's crooked".   Well, so is the piano.

Keep in Tune.

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI