Insurance rider for transportation

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu May 10 21:08:35 MDT 2007

Mark
  If you were the one insuring these pianos what would you  charge? However
perhaps a temporary rider of some kind on your home owners or  business
insurance might work.  How bout guild insurance.  That's what  we use currently
  Just a thought
  Dale

I  need to move 2 restored S&S B's out of state to a recital hall for
an  "on site selection", and wanted to take out a temporary rider to
cover  their value during transportation. When I called my own insurance
Co, I  got a quote of $605 for $105k, which gets me coverage for an
entire year  (I only need three days). Has anybody ever had to deal with
this? Is this  the best I can do? I've heard from customers who routinely
transport high  value artwork that this is routinely done for far less.

- Mark  Dierauf