Plaque for Piano

Philip Jamison mortier9 at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 05:31:49 MDT 2007

I don't like double-sided tape for piano plaques. After a while, it collects
dust behind as it's not completely tight to the case. Also, it can sag a
bit, especially if it gets touched or played with by kids. I've seen cheesy
"peel-n-stick" plaques on $80,000 pianos and wished they'd done better. I'd
go for a small (at least 1/16" thick) hand-engraved brass or even silver
plaque screwed to the case using small flathead screws. There are a few hand
engravers still at work. Their work is much better than the machined
"trophy" look. Piano makers used similar plaquest on their "deluxe"
nameboards years ago. Ever see the Knabe "Metropolitan Opera" plaques they
put inside all their grands?

Philip Jamison
West Chester, PA