FW: Are there many piano techs who are veterans?

Joey Recker joey at onkeypiano.com
Sun May 13 11:16:00 MDT 2007

Diane,
	Yes and Yes.

	I am still on active duty.  I've served 3 combat tours.  During the
last tour, I was hit with an IED.  Although I didn't receive a scratch
during the encounter, I did suffer hearing loss and still have tinnitus.
When I returned home, I received hearing aids (but I can't tune with them
in...  ) and complained of the tinnitus.  The audiologist told me there was
nothing that could be done for the tinnitus and didn't know much about any
special needs I may have as a musician and tuner.  Since I'm not an Army
musician, (I'm infantry) any additional care required to help me with music
and tuning would have been at my own expense.  Sometimes it is worse than
others but it is always there.  It seems that if I wear the hearing aids
regularly (I don't wear them like I should because they drive me crazy) that
the tinnitus gets better.  My injury is listed in my medical record as
"service related", but I have never filed a claim with the VA.

	Didn't mean to get long winded, but this is something I'd love to
get some help with.  Thank you.

Joey