Adjusting touch weight

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu May 17 11:03:41 MDT 2007

You can add weight to the hammers in the form of micro clips but it can add
volume and percussiveness to the tone which is often unwanted on that piano.
Removing lead will give a better feel (heavier touchweight with lower
inertia) without compromising tone.  Takes only slightly longer and when you
add readjusting the rep spring with the clips, I'm not sure it really does
take any longer anyway.  Get a set of Deadleaders if you don't have one.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com