how about? for damper felts

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat May 19 07:09:41 MDT 2007

John writes:
<<
No need to make 88 wedges. I'm leary of using a dampened cloth with an iron
or live steam because with my luck, it would lift the key buttons and ivory.

      I have used live steam for the last 25 years and I have never had a key
button lift or an ivory come loose.  I use a home-made steamer that takes
about 6 seconds per mortise.  The advantages of steam are that it doesn't stain
the keybuttons, resizes the balance rail holes, is FAST, cheap, and will undo
those white glue bushings from the 1960's as fast as any other kind.      It
also makes cleaning the gunk off the sides of the accidentals easy.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>