how about? for damper felts

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Sat May 19 08:22:06 MDT 2007

I've never had problems with steam on keys, either.

Does anyone ever size the balance holes by inserting key pins in them
right after they're steamed (and leaving until dry)? Similar to
Spurlock's sizing cauls for the mortise, in other words. I've always
meant to try that...but perhaps something a thousandth or two bigger
than the pins in the piano might be necessary? Anyone have experience
with this? Seems like it might  prevent much of the need for easing,
if it were done right.

This may have been discussed on the list before, but if so I missed it.

Sincerely,

Allen Wright