Yamaha CP70

william ballard yardbird at vermontel.net
Mon May 21 09:16:04 MDT 2007

On May 20, 2007, at 8:52 PM, Jon Page wrote:
> Are these the wretched beasts that I tried to tune
> aurally back in the 80's?  It pains me to recall.

As I remember, when setting the initial ladder of a 3ds/6ths
temperament, the C#3-F3 M3d had the same beat rate as the C#4-F4 3d.
Actually achieving the flat slope of M3ds beat rates which the
Baldwin 243 vertical only dreamed of. I also remember tuning the
acoustically (no external speaker).

Mr. Bill