What hammers for 1965 Mason BB ?

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed May 23 07:23:51 MDT 2007

Hi Avery
 The Abel performance hammers are completely different  than the other Abels
I've seen/used/voiced. The felt in my opinion is Probably  Wurzen & it's very
nice & easy to manipulate.  It is a very dense  hammer & the heaviest I've
encountered. One must be prepared to do a very  careful weight prep or suffer the
consequences. The Grotrian 9 ft that came  thru the shop was very happy to
have them & that's all it wanted .   Nothing else I tested on it set it free.
It's a very use specific hammer  IMO.
  The Bb Mason in my shop is Getting the Ronsen Wurzen  hammers.
 Just my 2 cents worth----It helps to Know thy  hammers
  Dale

Well, I guess I'll find out in the next few days. I'm getting a set of
prehung hammers from Pianotek (Bob) to put on a Bosendorfer.
I've used Wally's before and they've always been good. I just wanted to  try
Pianotek.

Avery