SV: Odd pin block

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri May 25 05:42:09 MDT 2007

Ron writes:

<< Got a ballpark figure on the pilot hole diameter? It seems

weird to me that a first pass would be drilled through, while

a second pass would not. What's the evidence of a second pass,

such as obviously under 1/4" (6.36mm) for the first hole? >>

As I remember, one of these older German pianos had nothing showing on the
bottom of the block, and the other had very small holes, (maybe 2mm?) in the
bottom, as if only the brad of a brad-point drill had been allowed to go through.
 It has been some time, but my memory is improving with age,(which is weird,
because everybody I know seems to be losing their's enough to disagree with
me.....)

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>