Wegman

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Fri May 25 07:09:36 MDT 2007

    Hi Kurt:
    I have not seen any Wegman vertical that did not use the metal-to-metal tuning pin design, though I have not tuned or seen any Wegman grands.  I'm told they do exist.  We have lots of Wegmans around this area since they were made here.  I've tried various methods of tuning, and found that just normal treatment works best.  The downward pull of the string seems to exert enough tension on the pin to keep it in place.
    Mike Kurta
    Unofficial and self-appointed Wegman guru
    Auburn, NY  (home of the Wegman piano)

    P.S.  They are now renovating the old Wegman factory into high-end condo living spaces.