Re-threading Lever Shank

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri May 25 08:40:13 MDT 2007

Jon writes:

<< I've looked in the archive and found that it's 1/8" pipe with 27 tpi.
I have that tap but don't know how to effect a taper.

Is any machinist setup or this? >>

Any good one would be, or you might contact a plumber,( a real one, the kind
that threads pipe as opposed to gluing plastics...)
   Also, don't be surprised if that shaft is case hardened.  I broke the
threads off of a 1930 vintage Schaff and the machinist was amazed at how hard the
steel was.

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>