marking location of rear string bearings

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sat May 26 14:05:28 MDT 2007

That's it!

Thanks, Dale.

Barbara
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Erwinspiano at aol.com
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 1:36 PM
  Subject: Re: marking location of rear string bearings

    HI Barb
     A sharp scratch awl referencing one corner. Works well shows up slightly thru new finish
    Dale
    Howdy,

    I'm doing some work here that I haven't done for about 20 years.  I'm an action girl, but agreed in a weak moment to restring and fix up a friend's piano.  (That's all I'm going to say about it, it's a ridiculous story how it came about.)

    Anyway, I plan on doing some cosmetic fixing up of the plate, and was wondering how I should mark the location of the rear bearing gizmos.  My thought was to use some tape.  Is that what folks do?

    Thanks,

    Barbara Richmond, RPT
    near Peoria, IL