Jaras Jig and buttons

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro at verizon.net
Tue May 29 13:54:30 MDT 2007

Gene,
    If I could make a suggestion, key elements in button replacement are
that:
 1. It is more important that the mortised area of the button be in-line
(parallel) with the balance hole, not centered in the keystick or button,
the pin should also be straight, (view the bloopers page of my website
www.pianoandorgankeys.com where I show capstans, buttons and balance holes
that are not even close to being centered in the keystick, and this happens
more than you think)
2. the placement be such that the pin does not hit the back of the mortised
area in the button when depressed.
Just some things to consider. Mike

Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
Dedicated To Advancing The Art Of Keyboard Restoration
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma. 01569
(508) 278-9762
Keymaestro at verizon.net