Voicing down hammers

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Sat Nov 3 04:58:22 MST 2007

A440A at aol.com wrote:

> Exactly how are you steaming these hammers?  I have never seen a hammer that
> wouldn't react to steam,(some even fall apart).

Hi Ed. I steam them no different that Capt.
Steamer Roger Jolly. As a matter of fact, I
stayed on each hammer a bit longer than usual
because of the 'firmness' of these
hammers..Times that by 4 and 5 in the bass, and
you get an idea...

Marcel brought up an excellent point that I have
not thought of..they're pressed extremely hot..

Alan H - point taken with the Vice Grips. Like I
said earlier, that technique is in my bag o tricks.

Thanks for all the suggestions. This set of
hammers..aka..concrete on a stick.. has humbled
my confident and aggressive voicing techniques.
I will update with you next week..yes, I have
another set to do on another player.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)