Acoustic Foam

Gary Fluke gary.fluke at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 11:50:58 MST 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of the basic keys to the reduction of sound transmission is to surround
the sound source with an encapsulated air space.  In general, the greater
the distance between the boundaries of the encapsulated air space the lower
the frequency range which will be absorbed.  When the air space is filled
with porous insulation, such as foam or fiberglass, the amount of the peak
frequency absorbed will be reduced but the range of frequency reduced will
be increased.  A moving blanket over the back will probably help nicely.

Gary Fluke
Snohomish, WA